Monday, August 2, 2010
My ten-year high school reunion is this weekend. In honor, here are ten ways I've changed in the last ten years.
1. I'm blonde.
2. I don't think socks belong with sandals anymore.
3. I've been published in more than just my school newspaper.
4. I've had a baby.
5. I've lived in five places! (Lynchburg, D.C., Denver, NYC, Boise)
6. I don't worry as much about what people think about me.
7. I don't pass notes anymore. Thank goodness for texting!
8. I've worked in several industries, including a major NY law firm, publishing, political analysis, and teaching. I'm finally settling into writing.
9. I've realized that family is important, neuroses and all.
10. I am stronger than I ever thought I could be. In 10 years I've survived my Dad and his successful battle against stage IV non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, including a stint where we shared a studio apartment in D.C. I've survived miscarriages. I've survived my house burning down. And I'm surviving Lyme. I hope that usually I'm surviving gracefully.