I'm twenty-eight today. I feel years older. In honor of today, I'm going to share 28 things you might not have known about me (stolen from my dear friend Heather, who turned 30 a couple of days ago).
1. I am proficient in saying the alphabet backward.
2. My favorite part of my birthday is watching Wimbledon.
3. I used to be a great speller, but that's one thing Lyme has taken away from me. It's rather cruel actually.
4. I am a game fanatic, and, more importantly, I really hate to lose.
5. I have changed my mind about what I want to be when I "grow up" at least a dozen times. In college I changed my major once a semester, ultimately majoring in political science. I then went to school to be a book editor and ended up working in a law firm when I moved to NYC.
6. I love to cook. And I think I'm pretty good at it.
7. I am really bad at gardening. I don't understand why.
8. When I was pregnant with Kellen I craved potatoes and couldn't stand the thought of Mexican food (even though that's what we ate the night of the fire).
9. I love french fries. I am a healthy eater, but I really love french fries.
10. I spend WAY too much time on the computer.
11. I am fascinated by the way that social media allows us to *know* people we otherwise wouldn't.
12. I design blogs and logos.
13. I have very few close friends. I tend to make friends and then lose them rather quickly (or because I move, which I've done a lot of).
14. I am really critical of other people. It's not a good thing, but I find it very difficult to change.
15. I am ridiculously good at Wheel of Fortune. I tried to get on the show, but I didn't have a favorite NASCAR driver. Not kidding.
16. I am blunt (ok, if you know me, you know this). I actually admire this about myself. I have a lot of family who skirt around issues, and I think it's just easier to get it out in the open.
17. I grew up on the water of the Chesapeake Bay. I miss it. The Boise River just doesn't do it for me in terms of bodies of water.
18. I am addicted to reality TV. I know the outcome of The Bachelorette (thanks Reality Steve), and I still watch it. I also love the Real Housewives. They are all totally crazy, but I still love it.
19. I love to sing even though I suck at it. Yet, Karaoke scares me. I'm working on this.
20. I made up a dance with my step-sister to Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" when I was in elementary school. A video of this event may or may not still exist ;-)
21. I've had two early miscarriages. This scares me about my ability to have more biological children.
22. I have a room full of scrapbooking supplies and yet have barely started Kellen's. I need a scrapbooking friend.
23. Dan got me Chanel No. 5 for my birthday. I had almost a full bottle before the fire, and it's taken almost 2 years to buy more. Two years without perfume is kind of a long time!
24. I've always thought that I was going to be famous, or at least well known. Even as a young child I thought this, not in a "I wish I was" kind of way, but rather in an "I know this to be true" kind of way.
25. I used to hate flip flops. Now I love them. Same thing with jeans. I hated them as a kid and was glad I lived in the 80s, era of the stretch pant.
26. I also used to hate black pepper. I'm becoming more tolerant.
27. I've always wanted to be 30.
28. I love pink gerber daisies. If I could have a house full of them at all times, I would be forever happy. Probably not, but it would at least make me smile!
And now, your present to me, dear reader... share one thing I didn't know about you!